Victoria Police is encouraging applicants who identify as African-Australian to apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program.
Victoria Police is seeking to reflect the cultural diversity of the Victorian community as its workforce undergoes significant expansion. To help increase its workforce diversity, Victoria Police is partnering with Africause, Jesuit Social Services, Victoria University Polytechnic, AMES Australia, MatchWorks, and Maurice Blackburn Lawyers to offer the opportunity to participate in the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program.
“Victoria Police is committed to growing a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve — we value the diversity of age, gender, culture, religion and sexual orientation of our employees” – Victoria Police
Course In Policing Recruitment Pathways details
Applications close: 23rd November 2020
Course start date: Tuesday 19th January 2021
Course duration: 15 weeks
Days of course: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm
Please note our current Round is being delivered remotely in collaboration with Victoria University. Pending the amendment of current health restrictions, we anticipate that Round 5 will be delivered via a blended model with some face to face classes at Victoria University in Footscray, with the majority of classes remaining online. Regional applicants from outer Melbourne are encouraged to apply, with a commitment to attending the Tuesday night class in person throughout the 15 week course at the Victoria University Footscray campus.
Course fees are covered by the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program.
There are no Course cost to Participants.
The Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program seeks to increase the representation of African-Australians from refugee and other backgrounds in Victoria Police. This new program focuses on the challenges encountered by African-Australians who apply to Victoria Police. The program is designed to assist and provide support to applicants.
• Mentoring and support from African-Australian community leaders
• Participant assessment, and guidance on recruitment pathway options
• Guidance and support on cultural differences and expectations
• Mentoring, support and guidance to participants to succeed through each stage of the recruitment process
• 15 week Course In Policing Recruitment Pathways to build skills and capabilities for success through the recruitment process
• Training on professional culture and expectations of the Victoria Police Support and mentoring during the Police Academy training and ongoing mentoring following deployment to police stations
To apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program you will first need to meet our selection criteria. Later, you will also be assessed on criteria related to the role you’re applying for.
You will need:
• Commitment, good character and reputation
• English communication and numeracy skills
• Must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident Police clearances and/or supporting documents presented by VISA applicants. This will be treated on a case by case basis
• Identify as African-Australian. Applicants from refugee and humanitarian backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply
• To be able to pass the Police Fitness Test by the completion of the program
• To demonstrate knowledge and commitment to joining Victoria Police
• Cultural awareness gained by employment in Australia
For more information and to apply for the Victoria Police Diversity Recruitment Program, please visit our website: www.victoriapolicediversity.org.au.
Got any questions? Please contact our team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9415 8700.